The main objectives of the DTS Project will be reached through the development and implementation of four Intellectual Outputs:
METHODOLOGICAL FRAMEWORK FOR DESIGN THINKING SKILLS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
This intellectual output defines the theoretical framework of the project, aiming at developing a sound methodological basis for building design thinking skills among teachers and students in primary and secondary education. The output is divided into several tasks:
- Stakeholders mapping;
- Defining Design Thinking Skills;
- Analysis of teachers’ competences;
- Design Thinking Skills’ implications on early school leaving/school tackling;
- The Methodological Framework for Design Thinking Skills in Secondary Schools.
TRAINING CONTENT FOR TEACHERS AND ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
This output comprises two main results: the Design Thinking Modules, which will elaborate on the different stages of Design Thinking (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test), and will support teachers and trainers on implementing them in the classroom; and the Online Learning Platform, where the Modules and additional resources will be integrated.
The Modules will be developed to improve the professional development of teachers and empower teachers with design thinking skills. Also, these modules will help teachers provide guidance and adequate resources for their students.
The modules will be produced in English first, but they will be translated into all partners’ languages later. All contents of the modules will be uploaded to the e-learning platform.
INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE AND PRACTICAL RESOURCES TO PROMOTE DESIGN THINKING SKILLS
The Instructional support content targets educators and aims at providing the necessary how-to good practice instructions that will allow them to integrate the proposed learning methodologies and tools (O1 and O2) into their already well developed instructional practices.
The output aims to support educators in bringing design thinking into the classroom and helping them adapt project solutions to formal and non-formal learning activities. It is expected that the content will act as reference material to educators and other interested parties.
Specifically, the objectives of the project educational support content will be:
- To help instructors understand the benefits of design thinking for learners and teachers;
- To facilitate a smooth adoption of the proposed design thinking educational practices into secondary education activities;
- To build awareness of the effects of design thinking skills on early school leaving and dropouts;
- To act as a reference library of text and video-based content on the project’s digital services and tools.
RECOMMENDATION PAPER TO PROMOTE DESIGN THINKING SKILLS IN EDUCATION
The purpose of this output is to examine and compare the education system and policies in partner countries. While analyzing education strategies and policies, primarily the place of design-oriented thought systems in education and early school dropouts, as well as the reasons behind it, will be examined. In addition to these analysis studies, roundtable meetings and workshops will be held with academics, decision-makers, policymakers, teachers and educational authorities regarding the issues specified in the project content. The output comprises the following results:
- Report for IO4;
- European Analysis Report;
- Reports on Conclusions from Round -Table Meetings.